Example of Art Lesson Plan-Integrating Cognitive Skills
- LEARNING OBJECTIVES
Provided with art materials the pupil is able to:
- color the shapes appropriately
- Develop memory and visual identification skills of shapes.
- The pupils will be asked to be in their proper seats and be prepared for their art activity.
- The pupils will then are given the materials needed but will be set aside first and they will be asked to listen to the instruction of the teacher.
- The pupil will be shown examples of what colors will be applied to a particular shape (red for heart, blue for square, etc.)
- After saying the instructions and providing them the demo of what exactly they will be doing, teacher will let the pupils do the artwork all by themselves.
- The pupil will first draw at least 7 shapes.
- They will color it according the designated color assigned to it.
- The pupils will clean up their table and their working area.
- Bond paper
- Crayons/colored pencils
- The teacher will observe those pupils who cannot respond well to instructions.
- The teacher will also mount the instruction to the board so that anything unclear to them can be referred to such visual aid.
- The teacher will repeat instructions if necessary.
- The teacher will give rewards to those who can successfully follow instructions by giving praises or tapping the back or even a sincere smile will do.
- The teacher will always room around the art area to check if they really did their artworks.
- The teacher will give rewards to those pupils who perform excellent and stars for those who performed still at their best.