|| Business Letters Personal Letters Resumes CVs and more
Example of English Grade 2 Lesson Plan
- Use courteous expressions in appropriate situation.
- Ask and answer questions about oneself/ others using short forms.
- Copy sentences, observing correct form, capitalization, punctuation and spelling.
- Subject matter:
- Greeting others: Asking and answering questions about oneself/ others
- Integration: Character Education: Politeness or using courteous words
- English handbook.
- Pictures of 2 pupils talking, charts for dialogue, generalization
And some exercises
What courteous expressions can we use in greeting others?
How do we ask ones name? Age, grade, school? Teacher?
How do we answer these questions?
- Reading of a dialogue (like the following):
Michael: Hi! How are you? I'm Michael Gonzales.
What's your name?
Mary Grace: Hello, Michael! My name is Mary Grace Rosales.
Michael How old is you?
Mary Grace: I'm eight years old. How about you?
Michael: I'm eight years old to. What grade are you in?
Mary grace: I'm in grade too. Are you in grade too also?
Michael: Yes I am. What school are you in?
Mary grace: I'm in Colegio de Salitran.what school are you in?
Michael: I'm in Colegio de Salitran, too.
Mary grace: Who is your teacher?
Michael: My teacher is Miss Cruz. Is she your teacher too?
Mary grace: Yes, she is
- Pupils read the dialogue after the teacher.
- Boys read Michael dialogue, girls read Mary Grace.
- Oral Practice:
Tell the pupils to get a partner
- Practice greetings
- Practice greetings with asking and answering questions?
- Lead in:
Let the children open their book on English and let them read the questions.
What do you call the sentences read?
How are the beginning words written?
What is at the end of asking sentences?
Written Practice: (Seatwork and Board Work)
We use to polite expressions in greetings others:
How are you? I'm fine too
Good morning /afternoon /evening.
I'm fine, thank you. How about you?
An asking sentence begins with a capital letter and ends with a question mark.
Copy the asking sentences correctly in your notebook.
Match the questions with the answers.
____1. What school are you in? A. My name is IrishTecson.
_____2. How old are you? B. My teacher is Miss Conales
_____3. What is your name? C. I'm in grade two
_____4.Who is your teacher? D. I'm eight years old
_____5.What grade are you in? E. I'm in Santa Fe Elementary School