Example of English Lesson Plan-Tenses
Context: Provide a lesson aimed at reviewing names and structures of basic tenses.
Objectives: To inductively review both structure and names of basic tenses
Level: High School
- Divide students into groups of 2 to 4.
- Have students take personal information quiz in groups.
- Check answers as a class, ask students to quickly speak about what they have learned about their fellow students.
- Have groups identify tense names used in questions.
- Give auxiliary verb exercise to students to be done individually.
- Correct auxiliary exercise in class.
- Questions to be asked:
- When did you last see a film?
- How many times have you been abroad?
- What types of books do you like reading?
- When were you born?
- How long have you been learning English?
- What will the weather be like tomorrow?
- What were you doing at 7 o'clock yesterday evening?
- What are your parents doing?
- Where are your classes taught?
- What are you going to do after this course finishes?
What are the names of the tenses used in the above questions?
- Past Continuous
- Present Simple Passive
- Present Perfect
- Future Intent
- Present Perfect Continuous
- Past Simple Passive
- Future Prediction
- Present Simple
- Present Continuous
- Past Simple
Instructions: Please enter the correct auxiliary verb. Choose between: are, is, do, and does, did, have, or will.
- He ____ playing the guitar at the moment.
- Jackie ____ been living in Paris for a few months.
- Which sports _____ he like?
- They _____ travelled all over the world.
- My shoes _____ made in Italy.
- Peter ____ going to fly to London next Thursday.
- Do you think the current government ____ change soon?
- Yamaha pianos ____ made in Japan.
- Jane ____ doing her homework when I came home last night.
- When ____ you arrive last night?
Write 10 sentences and encircle the tenses used.