Letter acknowledging cancellation of order
It is often necessary to formally acknowledge the cancellation of an order.
This is because the client may stipulate the acknowledgement is required, or because it relates to another matter under contract, where terms of contract require due process.
This letter has legal ramifications.
It relates to a commitment in relation to business law.
The information contained in the letter must be specific, and must correctly identify:
- The order(s) affected by the cancellation
- Any resulting change in terms of business transactions
- Any resulting obligations on the purchaser
- Any resulting obligations on the seller
The example below is a simple cancellation and related refund. Note that the information relates to accounting procedures and shipping arrangements.
Cancellation of order
I refer to your letter / email of (insert date) requesting cancellation of Order No. (insert reference).
Please be advised this order has now been cancelled:
- A refund of monies paid will be forwarded within 10 business days of the date of this letter by direct deposit, as requested.
- The materials delivered will be picked up by our couriers 247Express from your premises as soon as possible. Our staff will contact you directly to arrange suitable pickup times.
If you have any inquiries, please contact me on the above phone number or email.
- This text is intended for advisory and guideline purposes only.
- Any business letter can become a legal document, so check your content properly before issuing.
- Any executable or statutorily defined document should be checked for compliance with legal requirements, and you should seek legal advice regarding its contents.