Example questions for a mission statement
When you are writing a Mission Statement, either for personal or professional use, you should have in mind a series of questions which you want to find answers to. These answers will help you plan your goals and path forward. To find these answers, you will need targeted questions to help you complete your mission statement where it helps you the most. Having a mission statement can also help determine if you are following the wrong path personally or in your career.
If you are having trouble with the questions for your mission statement, you can try using these example questions listed below for a better understanding of what questions to ask.
- What is the purpose of your life? What should your function be?
- What are your core values? These are the values you refuse to compromise on.
- What actions have you taken, or will take, to fulfill your purpose in life without compromising your main values?
- What are the most important things or ideals in your life?
- If you could choose one thing to do in your career what would it be?
- If you had to select only one thing that would change the lives of those you love in a positive way, what would it be?
- What material possessions do you want?
- What are the things you have always dreamt of doing?
- What traits do you want to change?
- What characteristics do you like about yourself the most?
- What are the greatest accomplishments in your life up to this point?
- What have been the happiest moments in your life?
- What personality traits about you would you want to change?
- What do you enjoy most when working?
- What do you enjoy doing in your free time?
- What are your skills, strengths and abilities? How can you use these to contribute to your life and career?
You know you have an effective and accurate mission statement when the questions above have been answered. Even though these questions seem obvious, many people have mission statements which sound good but have no answers reflecting their true self.
As you sit down to write your mission statement, visualize your goals, values, and contributions. You ask these questions to get a true picture of what you are about.